Next stage organisations: leaving the safe harbour…
An interactive learning event
Come and explore the challenges and opportunities of new ways of organising work, in the company of other brave adventurers
10th October 2018 – 9am to 5pm in central London
“There is a simpler way of organising human endeavour. It requires a new way of being in the world, being without fear and with play and creativity.” Margaret Wheatley
Interactive learning event: Next stage organisations: leaving the safe harbour…
Something is happening in the world of work. As people become disillusioned with the old, top-down ways of organising, new approaches, rich in promise, are emerging: Teal, Agile, Sociocracy, B Corp and more. Companies that embrace them report significantly higher levels of efficiency, customer satisfaction and staff fulfilment. Yet working in new ways presents major challenges for managers, employees and entrepreneurs alike. There is no road map, no app to guide us. We have to find the courage to be our own wayfinders.
This event is for pioneers who want to explore new ways of working in a creative and experimental way. Together we aim to gain insight and clarity into:
- what we would like to create, individually and collectively;
- what practices and systems can help us create workplaces with high levels of purpose, engagement and innovation; and
- what beliefs and attitudes can help or hinder our progress.
We offer a safe and stimulating space in which to explore ideas, theories and experiences, in the company of other souls willing to share the challenges and joys of the journey.
You are likely to find this workshop particularly valuable if:
- you are in the early stages of trying out new ways of working
- you have some experience working in these new ways and are looking for ideas, inspiration and help to overcome challenges
- you are part of a team using these ways of working and are new to these approaches.
What we ask of you:
- to bring your whole self and be ready to experiment and explore;
- to be open to question and challenge your old habits and beliefs;
- to contribute towards costs. Suggested contribution £70 per person (includes lunch, tea and coffee).
Date & Venue:
Wednesday 10th October – 09.00 to 17.00, Central London.
Your hosts: Human Organising Co
About the event: This is the second in a series of events organised by the Human Organising Co, designed to connect, inspire and deepen the understanding of people interested in next stage organisations. Some testimonials from previous participants:
- “Awesome day – thank you.”
- “Good opportunity to network and share.”
- “A great mix of different activities.”
- “There were a lot of energised and well informed people in the room.”
About the organisers: The Human Organising Co was set up by four individuals who, sensing that something was not right with the world of work, stepped away from conventional career paths to explore more creative, rewarding and fulfilling ways of living and working. Coming from diverse backgrounds – law, healthcare, theatre, inter-cultural collaboration – they are committed to facilitating the emergence of more compassionate and “human” organisations that nourish and serve the people working within them and the communities they are part of.
Standard price suggested is £70.00. Discounts are available for two or more people, increasing for groups of five or more – please contact us for a group discount code. Earlybird tickets are available if registering before 24th September – see registration page tickets drop-down arrow for details.
ALTERNATIVE REGISTRATION (avoiding booking fees):
If you would like to pay a sum different from what is offered on the registration page, e.g. pay what you feel is right, or would like to support our work with an extra donation or simply want to avoid booking fees, you can transfer your contribution directly to our bank account by BACS as follows (for reference please put: Lon18-yourlastname):
Sort Code: 23-05-80 Account #: 22476305 Acc Name: Human Organising Co
If doing so please also register using the form below! Your place will be confirmed by email after receipt of both your contribution and completed form below. Please contact us if you have any questions.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact us on email@example.com.
Our event on Eventbrite: https://hoco-10oct18.eventbrite.co.uk
Our event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/377013882834948/
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/HumanOrganising