Next stage organisations: leaving the safe harbour…
Come and explore the challenges and opportunities of new ways of organising work, in the company of other brave adventurers
20th June 2018 – 9 am to 4:30 pm.
in central Bristol
Book your place below.
“There is a simpler way of organising human endeavour. It requires a new way of being in the world, being without fear and with play and creativity.” Margaret Wheatley
In these times of political, social, economic and environmental instability, our old institutions are failing us. The need for more wise, compassionate and human ways of organising has never been greater.
New approaches, rich in promise, are emerging: Teal, Agile, Sociocracy and B Corp and more. Companies that embrace them report significantly higher levels of efficiency, customer satisfaction and staff fulfilment. Yet working in new ways presents major challenges, for managers, employees and entrepreneurs alike. We have to find the courage to make our own path, to be our own wayfinders.
Who is this for?
This event is for the pioneers who want to explore new ways of working in a creative and experimental way. Together we hope to gain insight and clarity into:
- what holds us back – identifying the resistance to change, both in our organisations and in ourselves?
- what we would like to create, individually and collectively?
- what beliefs, attitudes, practices and systems can help us create workplaces with high levels of purpose, engagement and innovation, leading to success for all?
We don’t promise answers or certainty. We promise fellowship and a stimulating and safe space in which to explore. We promise a group of committed individuals willing to share the challenges and joys of the journey.
What we ask of you:
- to bring your whole self and be ready to experiment and explore;
- to be open to question and challenge your old habits and beliefs;
- to contribute towards costs (venue, food, drinks). Suggested contribution £35 per person (includes venue hire and lunch). Any higher contribution to support our work much appreciated.
Date & Venue:
Wednesday 20th June – 09.00 to 16.30. Greenhouse, in central Bristol BS3. Precise address will be sent to participants after confirming registration.
Jointly by Employee Owners Group and Human Organising Co
Francois Knuchel – Expertise in Agile, Lean, Sociocracy and self-management.
Patrick Andrews – Facilitator and lawyer. Loves trees.
Sarah Jupp – Facilitator, mentor, pharmacist, mother.
Stuart Voaden – Company director. Champion of self-management at Carpenter Oak.
Philip Woodford – Coach, actor and former lawyer. Loves dancing.
To confirm your attendance, please register using the form below and remit your contribution (suggested £35) by bank transfer to our account (For ref please put: Bris18-yourname):
Sort Code: 23-05-80 Account #: 22476305 Acc Name: Human Organising Co
Your place will be confirmed by email with venue details after receipt of contribution.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact us on email@example.com.